DRIVING LICENCE FOR FOREIGNER IN UKRAINE
If you are going to get the driving license in Ukraine, you should pass two state exams: on theory (computer test at DAI) and driving practice. You may study at any of driving schools or with private coach. It usually takes up to 3 months. Commonly acknowledged, providing with the driving permits is one of the most bribed area here. They say it is possible to buy a driver license avoiding any studying and taking exams. It is likely to be truth, taking poor driving culture on the Ukrainian roads.
To be allowed to pass the driving exam you'll need to get a non-resident registration first. Also, the test is strictly in Ukrainian and translators are not allowed in the room.
18 years old is the threshold you can drive motor cars, 16 years – for driving motorbikes, motorcycles, scooters.
There are 14 driver license categories in Ukraine. Here are the most popular:
- “A1” – for driving motorbikes, scooters and other two-wheel vehicles, aggregated with the engine up to 50 sm3;
- “A” – for driving motorcycle and other two-wheel vehicles, aggregated with the engine 50 sm3 upwards;
- “B” – for driving motor cars (weight – up to 3 500 kg; with up to 8 seats, excepting a driver’s).
The following documents are required to process the application:
- A copy of the client’s passport
- A Ukrainian translation of the passport
- A copy of the client’s Ukrainian residence permit
- The client’s Ukrainian tax registration number
- Four passport photos (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
Subsequently issued driver licenses are valid for 30 years and are recognized worldwide.
Obtaining identification code for foreigners
How to get an identification code for foreigners?
This procedure is mandatory in a certain range of cases. Those are:
- official employment ;
- business legalization;;
- opening a bank account in Ukraine.
Based on these points, you need a list of documents to submit application for issuing IC.
Documents for obtaining identification code
You will need to gather a list of documents necessary for the application:
- copy of passport, which will be required to present a foreign national; national passport, valid for at least three months after the expiration date of the requested visa and having at least 2 blank visa designated pages;
- Ukrainian translation of national passport;
After submitting application to the State Tax Office, to department that is dealing with foreigners. After verification – you will get your individual identification code. If you do not have the time and opportunity to engage all this matter, please contact our firm, and we will help you!